New Funding for Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements
To assist with COVID-19 recovery, the Australian Government has announced the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements (BAC) wage subsidy to support employers to take on new apprentices and trainees.
The $1.2 billion wage subsidy will enable eligible employers to receive a wage subsidy of up to 50% if they take on an apprentice or trainee between 5th October 2020 and 30th September 2021.
If your business is keen to hire an apprentice or trainee, there has never been a better time!
Maxima Group Training can find the right candidate for your business and help you to make the most of the BAC subsidy. We can help with:
– Advertising and recruitment
– Shortlisting and interviews
– Paperwork, registration and payroll
– Ongoing mentoring and support
Is my business eligible?
Your business is eligible if:
- you engage an apprentice or trainee between 5th October 2020 and 30th September 2021, and
- your apprentice or trainee is undertaking a Certificate II or higher qualification and has a training contract that is formally approved by the state training authority.
How much is the subsidy?
- Eligible employers will receive a wage subsidy of up to 50 per cent of the apprentice or trainee’s gross wage paid.
- The wage subsidy is available for a maximum of $7,000 per quarter per eligible apprentice or trainee.
- The subsidy is available for wages paid from 5th October 2020 to 30th September 2021.
Any other information?
- The subsidy is available to employers of any size, industry or geographic location.
- The subsidy is capped at 100,000 places.
- The subsidy is not available for any apprentice receiving any other form of Australian Government wage subsidy e.g. Supporting Apprentices and Trainees or JobKeeper.
- Payments will be made quarterly in arrears, with first claims for the subsidy available from 1st January 2021.
- Final claims for payment must be lodged by 31st December 2021.
Want to know more?
For further information on how to apply for the subsidy, including information on eligibility, contact Maxima Group Training on 1300 669 859