Choosing a DES provider
At Maxima we understand the barriers to employment and are passionate about providing a job to anyone with a disability, injury or health condition, including mental illness. All Disability Employment Services (DES) providers should assist with employment preparation, recruitment, training and development, and can also negotiate with employers to ensure you receive on-the-job or off-site employment support.
As a leading, not-for-profit DES provider, Maxima goes the extra mile, offering specialist assistance to anyone with a disability, injury or health condition, including a mental illness, to prepare you both physically and mentally for work, and to help you maintain employment, for life.
Within DES there are two key programs that provide support to people with a disability, injury or health condition:
- Disability Management Service, a program for people with a disability, injury or health condition who require assistance from a DES provider but are not expected to need long-term support in the workplace; and
- Employment Support Service, a program for people with a permanent disability with an assessed need for long-term ongoing support in the workplace.
Within each DES program you can expect:
- Regular face-to-face meetings with your consultant;
- Opportunities to gain new skills and qualifications;
- Access to work experience opportunities; and
- Access to services that will help you to overcome and manage other barriers to employment.
The Maxima difference
We are focused on understanding your needs and providing a specific tailored service for you to find and keep a job.
Looking to switch your DES provider? Maxima will:
- Support you through the transition with fast, caring service and minimal disruption.
- Focus on understanding your needs and tailor our approach to help you find and keep a job.
- Follow a customer-focused approach – you are the most important person to us.
- Listen to you and respect your choice.
Contact your nearest Maxima DES Office or call us today on 1300 629 462.