Home Care Traineeships
Thinking about a change? Want to make a difference?
Maxima is on the hunt for aspiring Home Care Workers to participate in their newly launched Home Care Traineeship Program.
This unique traineeship program will equip candidates with the education, practical skills and hands-on support to excel in an aged care career and provide quality in-home care for elderly Australians.
Successful candidates will receive a combination of fully-paid training and work, including a two-week training intensive at the start of the traineeship. With a minimum 15hrs guaranteed per workweek and regular paid study, candidates will receive a Certificate III in Individual Support upon completion. We are seeking reliable, mature and compassionate candidates, possibly with personal experience of caring for an elderly family member or similar. Positive personal attributes will be highly regarded and relevant work experience, while preferable, is not necessary.
- Domestic Duties: Assist with the upkeep of household chores including vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning of bathrooms, washing, ironing, light gardening etc.
- Meal Preparation: May include grocery shopping, meal planning, cooking of meals, ingredient stocktake
- Social Support: Encourage and foster social connection, social events, and the interest in hobbies or activities
- Transportation: Transport clients to/from appointments, social outings, errands, grocery shopping and any other task that requires transport
- Personal Care: Assist with showering, dressing, grooming, toileting, hygiene, and any other personal care tasks
- Respite Care: Allow families and live-in carers a break from caring duties
- Medication Administration: Prompt, supervise and document medication consumption
- Willingness to undertake study as part of a traineeship
- Unrestricted licence with regular access to a registered vehicle
- Physically fit and able to undertake manual tasks
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a police check
- Basic knowledge and understanding of aged care practices
- Previous work experience preferably, particularly in customer-facing roles
If this sounds like you, please call 1300 669 859 or register to attend one of our information sessions.