Employability Skills Trainer
Employability Skills Trainer
- Competitive salary, benefits and salary packaging options
- Not-for-profit, community minded organisation
- Newly created role in recently acquired NESM contract
Maxima have been awarded as a provider of the New Employment Service Model (NESM) with the Commonwealth Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE). NESM has now been branded Workforce Australia and replaces mainstream employment service jobactive from 1 July 2022.
With a 35-year history, Maxima is a national not-for-profit employment services and training organisation with business success across a broad range of specialised employment, recruitment and training services. . Our mission is to work towards a better Australia by helping people into meaningful employment by connecting and supporting jobseekers and employers.
We are driven by a desire to make a real difference and are rewarded every day by the life-changing outcomes we create for our inspiring customers.
The Employability Skills Trainer is responsible for delivering training in line with the Workforce Australia Employability Skills Training (EST) Deed. Training provided is designed to enhance our customers work readiness through two different blocks of targeted training. Your role will be to;
- Deliver engaging group-based training which results in increased employability skills, resilience and motivation for our participants to seek, find and keep a job
- Promote the Maxima brand and EST courses, with a view to generating referrals
- Assess eligibility and suitability of customers
- Deliver group-based training which fosters co-operation, engagement and contribution of customers
- Support participants to apply their employability skills as required by the program
- Support and encourage seek PaTH Internships and National Work Experience Programme Placements
This casual role (with a view to becoming part time) is available servicing the Bairnsdale area.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience in the delivery of group-based training for employment
- A sound understanding of employability skills within the workforce
- Knowledge of the labour market and vocational training requirements across industries
- Network connections
- Ability to influence and motivate program participants
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and engagement abilities
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Experience with competency-based training (desirable)
- National Criminal History Record Check (Police Clearance), NDIS Worker Screening and Working with Children Check (or state equivalent) or able to pass clearances
- Current driver's license
- Evidence of approved ATAGI COVID Vaccinations, or a valid exemption as required from the relevant government health authority
- The ability to laugh and have fun whilst focusing on driving customers towards success!
Culture and Benefits
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- Salary sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Personal Accident & Illness Insurance cover
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- Continuous training and development
- Long term career development opportunities
- Volunteering leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- A community-focused team culture
- Mobile devices
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ to complete our online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.