Employment Consultant – Belmont
Employment Consultant - Belmont
- Are you passionate about helping make a difference in people's lives?
- Collaborative working environment with supportive leaders
- Salary packaging + monthly rostered day off
At Maxima, we see potential.
- Do you enjoy building relationships with others?
- Are you passionate about helping make a difference in people’s lives?
- Do you like finding new solutions and implementing them?
- An Employment Consultant role might be for you!
Maxima is a national not-for-profit organisation valued by individuals, organisations and communities for helping people develop their skills and potential to find jobs.
We are driven by a desire to make a real difference and are rewarded every day by the life-changing outcomes we create for our inspiring customers.
We're looking for a passionate individual to join our Disability Employment Service in Belmont to assist people with disability, injury or ongoing health conditions - to build their skills, experience and confidence - and support them to find meaningful work.
A typical week will involve...
- Assessing a Customer's strengths and barriers to employment and implementing a tailored job plan to assist them into employment
- Progressing Customers toward and into employment in line with organisational and contractual needs
- Exploring and conducting reverse marketing based on Customer's skills and advocating for their placement
- Placing and supporting Customers into employment
- Undertaking Post Placement and Ongoing Support activities with Employers and Customers
- Achieving role specific KPIs
What you'll need to succeed
- High level of assessment and case management skills
- Ability to market and advocate for our Customers
- Understanding of the National Standards for Disability Services(desired but not essential)
- A belief and passion that everyone has the right to work
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
The Employment Consultant is responsible for assisting Customers through assessment and preparation to achieve a job ready status. You must hold a current driver's licence, vaccination certificate and willing to obtain national police check and relevant State/Territory working with children check.
This is a full-time, fixed-termed contract until 30 June 2023 located at our Belmont office.
Culture and Benefits
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- Attractive tax-free benefits
- Professional, community-focused and participant-centred team culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Continuous training and development
- Reward and recognition program
- Regular team building activities
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance
- Paid volunteer leave
- Monthly rostered day off