Employment Consultant – Capalaba
Employment Consultant - Capalaba
At Maxima, we see potential.
- Do you enjoy building relationships with others?
- Are you passionate about helping make a difference in people’s lives?
- Do you like finding new solutions and implementing them?
Maxima are a national not for profit organisation helping people advance in life through getting a job.
We are seeking passionate, motivated and energetic individuals interested in working with people living with a disability, to assist them to manage the challenges and opportunities that come with securing mainstream employment.
What will you do?
The primary role of an Employment Consultant is to work one-on-one with people living with a disability and provide positive, person-centred assistance. Your goal is to enable the people we support, our customers, to find a meaningful career of their choice.
Some of the things you will do:
- Work with a small caseload
- Build a professional relationship with customers
- Assist in identifying career goals
- Work as part of a fun and committed team
- Assist our customers to start their career and stay in their career
This role is a full-time position, and will be offered as a Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2023.
What is required?
- Experience in delivering high levels of customer service in a complex stakeholder environment
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services
- Experience in caseload management
- Demonstrable networks in the Community Services sector
- Experience working one to one with people with disability, injury or health condition
- Current unrestricted Drivers License
- Police clearance and relevant working with children/vulnerable people clearances.
Our team encourages innovative thinking and a can-do approach to the challenges of this role. Due to the nature of our customers’ employment support needs, you must be able to work outside of business hours on some occasions.
What’s On Offer:
We distinguish ourselves by offering family-friendly working hours, and a supportive working environment. We listen and we care.
- Professional, community-focused and participant-centred team culture
- Extensive salary sacrificing options (as a not for profit organisation, Maxima has PBI status)
- Personal Accident / Illness Insurance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Annual leave loading (17.5% loading paid while on annual leave)
- Discounts on BUPA Private Health Insurance and Goodlife Health Club membership
- Continuous training and development
- Long term career development opportunities
- Reward and recognition program
- Regular team building activities
- Volunteering leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Flu Vaccination