Employment Consultant – Fremantle
Employment Consultant - Fremantle
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Gain career with rapidly growing industry leader
- Collaborative working environment with supportive leaders
Maxima is a national not-for-profit organisation valued by individuals, organisations and communities for helping people develop their skills and potential to find jobs.
We are driven by a desire to make a real difference and are rewarded every day by the life-changing outcomes we create for our inspiring customers.
What’s on offer
We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our Disability Employment Service (DES) to assist people with disability, injury or ongoing health conditions – to build their skills, experience and confidence – and support them to find meaningful work.
- Determine the relevant service and support requirements of your jobseeker
- Collaborate with local employers to understand their workforce needs to help match your jobseekers to the right job to ensure sustainable, successful long-term outcomes
- Manage a case load of jobseekers focusing on securing employment through one-on-one appointments and delivering small group workshops to build resilience, motivation, work readiness and social connection
- Coach and guide them to achieve progression towards and into employment by developing job plans
- Conduct reverse marketing activities focussed on finding job opportunities that are a match for your jobseekers skills and abilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers within the community that assists jobseekers to secure employment
This is a full-time, fixed-termed contract until 30 June 2023 located at our Fremantle office.
What is required?
- Experience delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to achieve quality outcomes
- Ability to engage with the local community to build strong networks
- You must hold a National Police Check, Working With Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening, or be willing to obtain
- Proof you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption by 31st Dec 2021 (if you would like more information about the state mandate, visit this website https://bit.ly/3pf3uR4)
- Experience in case management (desired but not essential)
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services/job active (desired but not essential)
Culture and Benefits
- Work for a national organisation with over 60 office locations
- Flexible working arrangement
- Salary sacrifice options available
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Personal Accident & Illness Insurance cover
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- Continuous training and development
- Long term career development opportunities
- Volunteering leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- A community focused team culture
- Laptop & mobile devices
How to Apply
To apply for this position please fill in the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.