Employment Consultant – Gawler
Employment Consultant - Gawler
- Rewarding work making a difference in people's lives
- Participant focused service to achieve sustainable employment
- Flexible and friendly workplace with a range of employee benefits
Maxima is a national not-for-profit employment services and training organisation with a 35-year history. Our mission is to work towards a better Australia by helping people into meaningful employment by connecting and supporting jobseekers and employers.
We’re one of Australia’s leading specialist employment providers with 70 offices across Australia.
What’s on offer
We’re looking for passionate individuals to join our Disability Employment Service (DES) to assist people with disability, injury or ongoing health conditions – to build their skills, experience and confidence – and support them to find meaningful work.
You’ll do this through building relationships with local employers to understand their workforce needs to help match our Customers to the right job, ensuring sustainable, long-term employment. You will work closely with our Customers to identify their career aspirations and assist them to overcome barriers in their journey for employment.
- Determine the relevant service and support requirements of your Customer
- Coach and guide Customers to achieve progression towards and into employment by developing job plans
- Conduct one-on-one appointments and deliver group workshops to build resilience, motivation, work readiness and social connection
The role is full-time, fixed term contracts until 30 June 2023.
You will demonstrate drive and compassion, working closely with our Customers, you will inspire them and remain goal orientated to assist them to retain employment.
- Experience delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to achieve quality outcomes in line with KPIs
- Ability to engage with the local community to build strong networks
- Experience in case management
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services/job active
You must hold a current driver’s licence, national police check and relevant State/Territory working with children check, or be willing to obtain.
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering family-friendly working hours and a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- High performing, national not-for-profit organisation
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- Professional, community-focused and participant-centred team culture
- Reward and recognition program
- Flexible working arranges and monthly rostered day off
- Paid volunteer leave
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ to complete our online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.