Employment Consultant – Perth
Employment Consultant - Perth
Maxima Joblink, Disability Employment Services (DES) are currently seeking expression of interests from experienced Employment Consultants to work with people with a disability, injury or health condition – to understand their skills, abilities, experience and aspirations to help prepare them for their future career.
Candidates will be contacted as roles become available.
About the opportunity
As a person who cares, listens and is prepared to deliver results for their Customer, your primary role as an Employment Consultant is to work one-on-one with people living with a disability to prepare them for a new career.
Some of the things you will do with our valued Customers:
- Collaborate with local employers to understand their workforce needs to help match Customers to the right job to ensure sustainable, successful long-term outcomes
- Determine the relevant service and support requirements of your Customer
- Manage a case load of Customers focusing on securing employment through one-on-one appointments and delivering group workshops to build resilience, motivation, work readiness and social connection
- Coach and guide Customers to achieve progression towards and into employment by developing job plans
- Conduct reverse marketing activities focussed on finding job opportunities that are a match for your Customers skills and abilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers within the community that assists Customers to secure employment
Working hours may vary depending on the needs of our Customers. If successful, you may be required to work from home. Maxima will be able to assist with supplying office equipment to ensure an ergonomic workstation.
You will be:
- Interested in supporting people with disabilities
- Passionate motivated and energetic
- Inspirational, goal orientated and competitive
- Creative, sensible and solutions focussed
You will be an experienced Employment Consultant with:
- Experience delivering high levels of customer service
- The ability to achieve quality outcomes in line with KPIs
- The ability to engage with the local community to build strong networks
- Experience in case management
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services/job active
You must hold a national police check and relevant State/Territory working with children check or be willing to obtain.
Culture and benefits
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering family-friendly working hours and a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- Work for a national organisation with over 60 office locations
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- Professional, community-focused and participant-centred team culture
- Reward and recognition program
How to express your interest
Click ‘Apply Now’ to complete our online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Please note that we are currently only seeking expressions of interest and shortlisted candidates will be contacted as roles become available.