Employment Support Consultant – Adelaide
Employment Support Consultant - Adelaide
Maxima is a national not-for-profit employment services and training organisation with a 35-year history. Our mission is to work towards a better Australia by helping people into meaningful employment by connecting and supporting jobseekers and employers.
About the role
This position is within our Joblink portfolio in Disability Employment Services (DES). As an Employment Support Consultant in DES you are responsible for providing person-centred support to assist your job seekers in securing employment and retaining their position post-placement.
Key tasks include:
- Support Customers in the workplace is a large component of the role as well as weekly contact with your customers leading up to and when they gain employment
- Identify, implement and maintain person-centred strategies to assist customers to remain in employment
- Provide individually tailored ongoing support to our customers and their employers
- Develop and review individually tailored job plans outlining specific activities and assistances
- Liaise with Centrelink, healthcare providers and other community organisations to address areas where further support is required to achieve sustainable employment
- Maintain and strengthen employer relationships as a representative of Maxima
This position is a full-time, fixed term contract until 30 June 2023, located at our Adelaide office. Due to the nature of our customer’s employment support needs, you must be able to work outside of business hours and be based at our various sites on some occasions.
This position will require you to be passionate, inspirational, goal orientated, and interested in supporting people with disabilities, to assist them with the challenges and opportunities that come with securing employment.
Our team encourages innovative thinking and a can-do approach to the challenges of this role.
Your skills and experience:
- Experience delivering high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated networks in the community services sector
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services desired but not essential
- Experience in post placement support, ongoing support and caseload management desired but not essential
You must hold a current driver’s licence, and a national check and relevant State/Territory working with children check, or be willing to obtain.
Culture and Benefits
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering family-friendly working hours and a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- Work for a national organisation with over 60 office locations
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- Professional, community-focused and participant-centred team culture
- Reward and recognition program
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ to complete our online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted.