Employment Support Consultant – Norwood
Employment Support Consultant - Norwood
- Rewarding work making a difference in people's lives
- Flexible and friendly workplace with a range of employee benefits
- Participant focused service to achieve sustainable employment
At Maxima, we see potential.
We’re passionate about making a difference in the lives of people in our local community. We assist people living with a disability, injury or health condition – to build their skills, experience and confidence – to find meaningful, sustainable employment.
We are currently experiencing growth and are looking to add a full-time Employment Support Consultant to service our clients, flexibility to be based at any site within the region. We're offering a fixed-term contact until 30 June 2023.
We’re looking for a driven and motivated individual to work within Maxima’s Disability Employment Services (DES) to work with Customers and provide person-centered support to assist them in securing and retaining employment.
Our team encourages innovative thinking and can-do approach to the challenges of this role.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with our Customers and their employers
- Develop and review individually tailored job plans
- Support Customers in the workplace, exercise good judgement skills to identify warning signs before any on the job issues arise
- Adhere to Maxima’s service standards and meet KPIs in relation to employment support
- Connect Customers with external supports to ensure sustainability in their roles
- Service customers within the whole North East region, visiting Customers in their work places
Due to the nature of our customer’s employment support needs, you must be able to work outside of business hours and travel to our various sites on some occasions.
Skills and Experience
We’re looking for someone who is passionate, inspirational and goal orientated in assisting people living with a disability to secure and maintain employment.
You will have:
- Experience delivering high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated networks in the community services sector
- A solutions focused approach
- Experience in reverse marketing / employment advocacy
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services (desired but not essential)
- Experience in post placement support, ongoing support and caseload management (desired but not essential)
You must hold a current driver’s licence, national police check and relevant State/Territory Working With Children Check, or be willing to obtain.
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering family-friendly working hours and a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- Professional, community-focused and participant-centred team culture
- Reward and recognition program
- Flexible working arrangements and monthly rostered day off
- Paid volunteer leave
How to Apply
To apply for this position please fill in the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.