We are currently seeking an experienced Events Officer with an immediate start for up to 4 months, working in a local government department.
- To implement and publicise a program of community events designed to meet the recreational and cultural needs their residents in order to build a sense of community identity and to promote a positive image of the City and Council.
- To implement the day-to-day running of the local events and festival program, and help administer Council's grants program.
- To provide advice on insurance, workplace health and safety and legal obligations in relation to the provision of events and civic functions and to work with casual and contract staff and contractors to achieve a high level of service.
- To provide specialist events advice to community groups conducting events in the City.
- To undertake special projects as required by the Manager Community Engagement and Marketing.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
All applicants interested in this position, must hold a current national police check, provide ID and their working rights.