Graduate Library Officer
Graduate Library Officer
- 24-month Contract
- Full Time Hours
- Annual Leave & Sick Leave
The City of Port Adelaide Enfield has five libraries across the City of PAE council area - Greenacres, Enfield, Semaphore, Port Adelaide and Parks. They provide a number of services to the community including access to learning resources, activities and programs for all ages. The City of Port Adelaide Enfield is a city that values its diverse community and embraces change through innovation, resilience and community leadership.
About the role
City of Port Adelaide Enfield has a rare and fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Librarian to join their team on a 24-month contract full time basis. The position will require practical application of the knowledge and skills developed during the completion of the Graduate Diploma, and will assist in delivering warm and welcoming service, accessible resources and exciting programs to one of the largest metropolitan Council communities in South Australia.
- Provide professional customer service across library branches
- Oversee and deliver library projects that contribute towards the library services strategic priorities.
- Facilitate access to information, resources, programs and lifelong learning opportunities which support positive wellbeing and healthy communities.
- Support the day to day operations of the library service.
- Effective communication - information sharing which is easily understood
- Problem solving - identify solutions for problems
- Self-motivated - self driven enthusiasm and optimism to complete tasks
- Personal development - pursuit of knowledge and skills, seeking to improve oneself
- Personal leadership - take responsibility for self and maximise own potential
- Innovative - creative thinking, new ideas, processing or thinking
- Adaptability to change - open to new ideas and concepts within the working environment
- Decision making - ability to consider alternatives and determine an appropriate course of action
- Quality relationships - develop constructive work relationships through trust and effective interpersonal skills
- Coaching - helping others unlock their potential and maximise their performance
- Influencing - interpersonal communication skills encouraging opinion and feedback
- Graduate Diploma in Information Management (Library and Information Management)
- Previous Customer Service experience (preferably in libraries, but not essential)
- Current WWCC & Vulnerable Person Related Clearance (or willing to obtain)
- Current National Police Clearance (or willing to obtain)
City of Port Adelaide Enfield value constructive workplace culture. They are supportive, take on challenges, seize opportunity, build great relationships and are proud of what they deliver to their community. The City of PAE value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at the City of PAE means a workplace where individuals are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise everyone’s talents and strengths.
- On the job training
- Flexible working arrangements
- Support for professional development
Please provide a covering letter along with your resume.