JVES Employment Mentor – Frankston
JVES Employment Mentor - Frankston
- Use your extensive network to support people into employment
- Autonomous role, with flexibility to meet Customer/Employer needs
- Enjoy generous not-for-profit salary packaging entitlements
We are looking for passionate people to join our team in the delivery of the new Jobs Victoria Employment Services contract, working across the Dandenong area. Applicants must be familiar with the region and be able to connect quickly with potential Customers and Employers in the area.
A typical week will involve...
In JVES, you will be working to support voluntary Victorian jobseekers who are long-term unemployed or at risk of long-term unemployment, across a broad range of cohorts including people with disability, multicultural communities, Victorians experiencing mental health issues and women experiencing family violence. You will be;
- Networking with customers to choose Maxima’s services
- Working closely with Customers to assess work readiness
- Providing inspiration, motivation and support through person-centred service delivery
- Identifying and addressing employment barriers through mentoring, referral, training and development
- Working collaboratively with our Employment Brokers and networks/partners to actively source and secure employment opportunities
- Adaptable and responsive to community and key stakeholder needs
- Providing initial in work support to Customers to maintain job placements
What you’ll need to succeed…
You will demonstrate drive and compassion, working closely with our Customers, you will inspire them and remain goal orientated to assist them to retain employment.
- Previous experience in a similar role with case management and individualised support is desirable, NOT essential – we are looking for the right attitude!
- Agile, passionate and flexible and willing to go above and beyond to change lives though employment
- Experience in delivering high levels of service
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed KPIs
- Prior experience in working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds will be an advantage
Maxima is a national not-for-profit employment services and training organisation with a 35-year history. Our mission is to work towards a better Australia by helping people into meaningful employment by connecting and supporting jobseekers and employers.
Culture and Benefits
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- Salary packaging options available
- Free Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Emphasis on staff training and professional development
- Professional, community-focused and person-centered team culture
We Care, We Listen, We Deliver!
How to Apply
If you have any questions, please contact HR or click ‘Apply Now' submit your resume and cover letter and tell us why you are interested in JVES.