NDIS Support Coordinator – Cairns
NDIS Support Coordinator - Cairns
- Be part of the exciting expansion of our services
- Passionate, supportive team
- Full salary packaging available in this established not for profit
Are you an experienced Support Coordinator looking for a change? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of people living with a disability? Maxima are expanding their NDIS services and have exciting new opportunities in our Cairns office.
As a Support Coordinator, you will partner with our customers and their families, carers and/or nominees to assist them to understand, implement and coordinate their NDIS Plan through a high quality, person-centred service which optimises the customers NDIS plan and funding. You will work closely with individuals to identify their goals and support them to access the services they need – ensuring the customer’s choice, control and independence is at the heart of what you do.
Joining the team at an exciting development stage, your ability to work outside the box and be involved in networking events, meetings and 1:1 engagement will help grow a thriving service offering for Australians living with disability.
In this role, you will:
- Establish rapport and build strong working relationships with customers and support them to develop an understanding of their plan and plan options.
- Assist customers and (where applicable) their families, carers and nominees to understand their rights and build their confidence and abilities to make informed decisions.
- Assess the funding and services which are available for the customer
- Work with the customer, and their support network, to obtain quotes and assessments to meet the elements in the plan and provide maximum value.
- Connect customers to a range of quality providers, community, mainstream and other services that provides dignified access and support
- Work with the customer to create a schedule of services which support needs and goals.
- Collaborate with NDIS, mainstream, and existing or potential supports in family, carers and nominees to provide customers with options for linkages, referrals and supports for customers.
- Using a strength-based approach, work with customers to increase their skills and capacity,
- Regularly review and refine plans with customers and report outcomes to the NDIA through progress reports within the specified timeframes
- Understanding of the NDIS including an understanding of the rules for reasonable and necessary supports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a person-centred environment to build capacity, choice and control.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with a diverse range of customers and stakeholders, including people living with a disability, cultural diversity and language other than English, and be able to adjust ways of working to support best-practice inclusion and accessibility Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple demands.
- Experience in community networking and contributing to business development.
- Understanding of National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013, the National Standards of Disability and relevant state based legislation
- Qualifications in community services, disability or other health related discipline is essential,
- National Criminal History Record Check (Police Clearance), NDIS Worker Screening Check, and Working with Children Check.
- Current driver's license and access to a car
- Willingness to undertake ad hoc work outside or in addition to your normal hours and intrastate and/or overnight travel.
- Evidence of approved ATAGI COVID Vaccinations, or a valid exemption. as required from the relevant government health authority
You might also have:
- Experience with psychosocial disabilities will be highly desirable.
- Experience in support coordination, local area coordination, mental health and community services.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers and a commitment to customers choice and control.
- Current First Aid certificate
- NDIS Worker Induction certificate.
- Access to full not for profit salary packaging
- Supportive work environment with passionate people
Maxima Group is a national not-for-profit organisation with a diverse approach to supporting our communities. Starting as a group training organisation, we’ve grown over the last 35 years into a recruitment and development one-stop-shop for everyone in our communities. Having led that growth with a strong focus on disability inclusion and meaningful employment, our passion has made us a leading player in the Disability Employment Services (DES) program, and consistently rated as one of the country’s top performers in achieving outcomes for jobseekers. With Maxima NDIS support services already operating under School Leaver Employment Support (SLES), we are working hard on building more NDIS services and looking to work with the best in the business to get the best outcomes for our customers.