Employability Skills Training
Free training for eligible young people who are looking for work. Learn what employers are looking for, what they expect from employees and how to create job applications that will stand out.
Maxima delivers Employability Skills Training to young people aged 15-24 years, as a part of the Commonwealth Government’s Youth Jobs PaTH initiative in Adelaide South, Mid North SA and South East Brisbane.
Youth Jobs PaTH is designed to support young people in gaining the skills and work experience they require to secure and retain a job. It also supports employers to host internship placements and provides them with financial incentives when they employ a young person. Youth Jobs PaTH has three elements: Prepare – Trial – Hire.
Maxima’s contract is to deliver the Prepare stage of the Program. However, where possible, we do assist Job Active Providers to progress the jobseeker to the Trial and Hire stages of the Program.
‘Prepare’ helps young people become job ready by providing intensive pre-employment training.
If you’re looking to hire a young person in your business, why not consider someone who has completed a PaTH Employability Skills Training course.
Our PaTH courses are delivered face to face for 25 hours per week, over 3 weeks. You can choose to complete one or both of our free courses to gain employability skills that can help you to find work in your preferred industry.
Employability Skills Training (EST) provides you with the opportunity to enhance your employability through two different blocks of targeted training.
Course 1: Skills for Work
- Focused on employability soft skills such as Effective Communication, Working as a part of a Team, Diversity in the Workplace, and Employer Expectations
- You will prepare your own Career Plan, including identifying steps to take to achieve your employment goals
- Sessions are interactive with group discussions, team building activities and a mock business project
Course 2: Job Hunt Success
- Focused on successful job search strategies such as Cold Canvassing options, Effective Interview Techniques, and knowing how to speak to potential Employers
- You will prepare your own Job Application Documents including a resume and cover letter, gaining the skills to customise these in the future
- Sessions include practicing mock interviews with local employers and Maxima recruitment staff, as well as stepping out of the classroom to approach suitable employers for job opportunities
- Courses are generalised with guest speakers from your preferred industries providing valuable insights, recommendations and leads for employment.
- Aged 15 – 24 years old
- Receiving an Income Support payment
- Registered with a jobactive provider
How do I find out more information?
If you would like to find out more information on how Maxima can assist you to build your self confidence in approaching employers and becoming a valuable employee you can contact our PaTH Team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org