Set yourself up for life with a traineeship/apprenticeship
Traineeships and Apprenticeships are a combination of paid work and structured training over a period of 12 to 48 months, depending on the qualification. At the end of your apprenticeship or traineeship, you will have the advantage of a nationally recognised qualification and practical, on-the-job experience.
Traineeships and Apprenticeships are available in more than 300 occupations across Australia, including traditional trades as well as a diverse range of emerging careers in most sectors of business and industry. Our current list of vacancies will give you an idea of the range of opportunities available.
Maxima also offers School-based Traineeships and Apprenticeships to senior students, which allows you to combine your secondary school studies with paid employment as an apprentice or trainee (on-the-job training) and off-the-job training.
Maxima is the smart way to go
Going through Maxima is the smartest way to do your apprenticeship or traineeship. We are a part of a government-backed scheme in which Maxima is your legal employer and we place you with host employers to complete your training contract.
Maxima has employed apprentices and trainees this way (the official term is Apprentice Employment Network or Group Training) for more than 30 years. We currently employ more than 650 trainees and apprentices around the country.
Going through Maxima means lots of benefits for you. Unlike a traditional apprenticeship, you wont be stranded if your employer hits a rough patch. It also means you can choose to switch employers if there’s an opportunity elsewhere to learn more of the skills you want for your career. Employers love us because it gives them flexibility, and you will love us too because you will be part of an apprenticeship network with much more security and opportunity.
That’s not the only benefit of going through Maxima. We have great relationships with hundreds of employers and are often the first to know about opportunities. Most importantly of all, Maxima will be your employer and your partner as you start out in your career. We look out for our people, and that’s an important difference.
The nuts and bolts
- You will have a formal training contract with Maxima that sets out everything you can expect from us and your responsibilities.
- Your wages and allowances are paid by Maxima in line with the relevant Award and other agreements
- All of the administration and paperwork is handled by Maxima
- Your training is arranged and paid for by Maxima
- Any relevant safety equipment will be provided by Maxima before your start work
- You have your own Maxima consultant who will be available whenever needed to help with any questions or further information
- If your host employer runs out of work for any reason, Maxima will work with you to find another host employer to complete your apprenticeship or traineeship
- In some cases, you will be able to move between host employers to pick up all the skills you need
View current vacancies
Diane was relieved to find a DES provider who actually listened and cared...
Kirralee Burner is making a big impression at NAB...
Sandra recently joined Maxima in administration support in community engagement...
The remarkable story of Cori Roberts...
Young Indigenous Australian Rebekah Carr is one of many success stories...
Traineeships not only make careers, they can change them too...
Martin Dinan has one of the most demanding and scrutinised jobs in Australia right now...