NDIS Service Agreement
The Plan Management services provided by Maxima. The NDIS refer to this service as “Improved Life Choices” in your NDIS Plan.
The Support Coordination services provided by Maxima. The NDIS refer to this service as “Coordination of Supports” in your NDIS Plan.
The Employment Supports services provided by Maxima. The NDIS refer to this service as “Finding and Keeping a Job” in your NDIS Plan. Within this category, Maxima provides School Leaver Employment Supports and Individual Employment Supports. These are individualised capacity building activities to achieve employment goals.
The Allied Health services provided by Maxima. The NDIS refer to this service as “Improved Daily Living” in your NDIS Plan.
2. Parties to the Agreement
Nominee (if applicable):
Maxima Training Group (Aust) Ltd – (Maxima)
Note: Services may commence prior to the completion and signing of this Agreement to ensure flexibility and timeliness of servicing according to participant needs. Maxima will ensure that the Participant and / or their representative is provided with a copy of this Agreement and the associated Schedule of Supports at the commencement of services. Should the Participant accept services, it will be deemed that the participant has accepted the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Purpose and NDIS Plan requirements
This Agreement is made for the purpose of providing supports under the Participant’s NDIS Plan and assisting the Participant to achieve their NDIS goals.
To enable Maxima staff to assist the Participant to achieve their NDIS goals and provide appropriate supports, the Participant and/or their representative MUST provide a copy of the Participant’s NDIS Plan, or an excerpt of the relevant NDIS Goals and Funding section from where the required NDIS funding will be drawn for the services agreed upon within the Participant’s Schedule of Supports. This is essential in ensuring that Maxima staff can provide services effectively and invoice according to NDIS funding expectations.
The Participant and/or their representative agrees that they will provide a copy of the Participant’s NDIS Plan, or an excerpt of the relevant NDIS goals and funding information from the NDIS Plan at the beginning of servicing and each time that the Participant’s NDIS Plan is updated or changed.
The parties agree that this Agreement is made in the context of the NDIS, which is a scheme that aims to:
- support the independence and social and economic participation of people with disability; and
- enable people with a disability to exercise choice and control in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports.
The Participant and / or Participant’s Nominee agrees to provide updated copies of the Participant’s NDIS Plans and funding information whenever these change.
If a copy of the relevant NDIS Plan has not been provided prior to servicing, then a copy will be obtained within the first two weeks of services being provided. If a copy of the Plan is not provided, then this may affect Participant servicing.
4. Schedule of Supports
A Schedule of Supports will be developed for the Participant, in line with their current NDIS Plan and funding. This Schedule of Supports will form part of this Agreement and will be updated as needed in consultation with both parties to this Agreement.
Maxima and its staff will always endeavour, to provide quality services which meet the Participant’s individual needs and their NDIS goals. All services will be provided in line with the Participant’s NDIS Plan and under the agreed amount of NDIS funding available for each service to be delivered. These amounts will be outlined within the Participants Schedule of Supports, which will be updated as the Participant’s needs and NDIS Plan funding changes.
If a NDIS Plan is rolled over, a new Schedule of Supports will not be provided. Maxima will update Service Bookings accordingly to provide ongoing services already agreed to by the Participant, unless advised in writing that the Participant or their representative wishes to make a change.
Additional expenses (for example things that are not included as part of a Participant’s NDIS supports) are the responsibility of the Participant and / or their representative and are not included in the cost of the supports. Examples include entrance fees, event tickets, meals.
4.1 Continuity of Scheduled Supports and Emergency Management
Maxima NDIS services are not considered high risk and the cessation of these supports for any reason is not expected to adversely impact the Participant’s daily living needs and wellbeing. Maxima staff and management will however make all efforts to continue supports, in a manner which is agreeable with the Participant, during any disruptions including, but not limited to: staff shortages for any reason; public health emergencies; personal emergencies and disasters.
5. Changes to NDIS Pricing
Maxima provides its services in line with any current NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits, which are documented on the NDIS website. From time to time, the NDIS will update its pricing and pricing updates will be announced by the NDIS. When official NDIS prices are updated, Maxima will automatically update their service delivery prices in line with these changes.
6. Ending this Agreement
This Agreement is ongoing from the commencement date until the Participant notifies Maxima in writing that they wish to cease all services. Should either party wish to end this Agreement they must give 28 days’ written notice. If either party seriously breaches this Agreement the requirement of notice will be waived.
7. Feedback and Complaints
Maxima is keen to hear any feedback from you regarding your service. Feedback can be either a concern or a compliment or even both. We actively encourage you to provide us with feedback. Where you have a concern or complaint, we will do our very best to address the matter as soon as we can and provide you with a response to your feedback.
If you would like to provide Maxima with feedback about the NDIS service we are providing support for, you are encouraged to talk to your consultant first. If after this, you feel your complaint has not been resolved, or you are unhappy with the response, then you can escalate your complaint to a manager or ask your consultant to escalate this for you.
If you feel you can’t talk to your local consultant or you would prefer not to, then you can discuss your complaint with Maxima’s Participant Experience Manager via:
Maxima Head Office on 1300 629 462
Email: [email protected]
If you feel Maxima have been unable to resolve your complaint, then you can contact the NDIS Commission via:
Phone: 1800 035 544
For more information, please see our NDIS Participant Feedback Brochure.
8. Maxima’s Responsibilities:
- provide agreed supports that meet the Participant’s needs, at the Participant’s preferred times
- communicate openly and honestly in a timely manner
- treat the Participant with courtesy and respect
- consult the Participant on decisions about how supports are provided
- give the Participant information about managing any complaints or disagreements and details of Maxima’s Cancellation Policy (see “Cancellation Policy” below for more information)
- listen to the Participant’s feedback and resolve problems quickly
- give the Participant a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if Maxima has to change a scheduled appointment to provide supports
- give the Participant the required notice of 28 days if Maxima needs to end this Agreement (see “Ending this Agreement” above for more information)
- protect the Participant’s privacy and confidential information
- provide supports in a manner consistent with all relevant laws, including the NDIS Act 2013 and Rules, and the Australian Consumer Law
- keep accurate records on the supports provided to the Participant; and
- will issue invoices and statements of the supports delivered to the Participant
- assist you to achieve your NDIS Plan goals
9. Participant’s Responsibilities:
- provide Maxima with a copy of the Participant’s current NDIS Plan or excerpt of the relevant goals and funding information for the services to be delivered
- treat Maxima staff with courtesy and respect
- talk to Maxima if the Participant has any concerns about the supports being provided
- give Maxima a minimum of 48 hours’ notice if the Participant cannot make a scheduled appointment, noting that if the notice is not provided, Maxima’s cancellation policy will apply
- give Maxima 28 days written notice if the Participant needs to end this Agreement (see ‘Ending this Agreement’ above for more information); and
- let Maxima know immediately if the Participant’s NDIS Plan is suspended or replaced by a new NDIS Plan, or the Participant stops being a Participant in the NDIS
- provide a copy of the Participant’s updated NDIS Plan, including goals and funding amount details whenever these change
Maxima will seek payment for their provision of supports from your nominated funding source. You will need to provide us with information on how your funded supports are managed within the Schedule of Supports document, which forms part of this Agreement. You will be required to update us on any changes to your funding and how the funds are managed as soon as practicable after any changes occur.
Please note that all prices will be automatically adjusted in line with changes made to the NDIS Pricing Arrangement and Price Limits which are current at the time of service delivery.
Providing community access services may, at the request of the Participant, involve a staff member accompanying the Participant on a community outing and/or transporting the Participant from their home into the community.
In these situations, the provider is entitled to claim both the cost for the relevant service for the total time the staff member provides the service to the Participant (including time spent accompanying and/or transporting the Participant) as well as the non-labour costs associated with travel. Maxima will charge an amount per kilometre travelled based upon the relevant NDIS Price Guide at the time that the travel is incurred and the number of kilometres recorded as part of the provision of services to the Participant.
In addition to the above costs, the Participant and or Participant’s and/or their representative must reimburse the provider for any expenses incurred when accompanying and/or transporting the Participant in the community (such as cost of ticket for public transport e.g., Adelaide Metro Card) plus a 10% administration fee.
12. Cancellation Policy
At Maxima we value consistent and high-quality intervention.
If a service is cancelled at short notice, or there is a no-show Maxima can charge 100% of the agreed support fee. A short notice cancellation is when you:
- do not show up for a support within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time, or
- give less than two (2) business days’ notice to cancel a support that is less than eight (8) hours long and $1,000 in value, or
- give less than five (5) business days’ notice for any other support.
Maxima will only charge for a short notice cancellation (or no show):
- for support items that the Price Guide allows short notice cancellation claims, and
- when they cannot find other billable work for the relevant staff member, and if they must pay the staff member for their time.
Where Maxima cancels a support due to operational reasons, the service will be rescheduled at no penalty to either party.
Where a specific risk is identified that a Participant will frequently make short-notice cancellations for a support due to the nature of a person’s disability or the nature of the support, Maxima will make individual arrangements with the participant to minimise the number of cancellations.
13. Additional Terms
Plan Management Terms (only apply if you sign up for Maxima’s Plan Management services)
Maxima will process payment on your behalf for Other Support Services from your Plan, provided that:
- the support provider supplies a Tax Invoice that meets the guidelines of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and the NDIS
- the support services satisfy the test for reasonable and necessary supports as defined by the NDIA
- the supports are consistent with your current Plan and Agreements or with other instructions you have provided
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) may be payable even if the provider is not a registered service provider with the NDIA. If so, the GST payable will be funded by your Plan; and
- claims for the payment of the services with the NDIA are successful
Support Coordination Terms (only apply if you sign up for Maxima’s Support Coordination services)
- if your Plan is Self-Managed or Plan Managed by another party, Maxima will send a Tax Invoice for service within 30 days of service delivery
- travel by Maxima staff may be included in the hours of support provided to you and funded by your Plan
NDIS Privacy Consent and Authority to Exchange Information
Your personal information is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Your personal information is collected by Maxima on behalf of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for the purpose of administering your NDIS services and to provide you with appropriate NDIS services and support, including:
- delivering NDIS support services and capacity building services that will help support you in your preparation to achieve NDIS goals as per your NDIS Plan;
- evaluating and monitoring the support services provided to you by Maxima to ensure we work with you so you can achieve your NDIS goals and aspirations;
- contacting you about the NDIS services support you have received;
- helping to resolve complaints made by you; and
- involving you in surveys conducted by Maxima or the NDIS.
If you do not provide some, or all, of your personal information, Maxima may not be able to provide you with appropriate NDIS services and assistance.
Agreement to the collection of sensitive information in order to provide you with quality NDIS services and support, your Maxima consultant may also collect sensitive information, which is a type of personal information. Sensitive information may include details of your cultural or linguistic background, criminal record, membership of a professional or trade association and medical information.
Maxima will work closely with you and other agencies to coordinate the best support for you. This means your informed consent to share information about you will be sought and respected in all situations unless:
Disclosure is authorised or required by law, or
- it is unreasonable or impracticable to seek consent; or consent has been refused; and
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the life, health or safety or a person or group of people.
To ensure that consistent and efficient services can be provided for you as a NDIS Particpant at Maxima, we will be required to share and exchange information with the NDIS. We will also share information with other third parties as appropriate only to the services that we are providing for you.
I/My Representative understand that Maxima has been provided with the authority to obtain and release relevant information about me (or the Maxima Participant I am representing) to the NDIS and other relevant persons and organisations as required for delivery of the services that I have chosen.
This authority is provided for the duration of services provided by Maxima and until the Participant decides to rescind services.