Apprenticeships + Traineeships
Set yourself up for life with an Apprenticeship/Traineeship
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a combination of paid work and structured training over a period of 12 to 48 months, depending on the qualification. At the end of your apprenticeship or traineeship, you will have the advantage of a nationally recognised qualification and practical, on-the-job experience.
Apprenticeships and traineeships are available in more than 300 occupations across Australia, including traditional trades as well as a diverse range of emerging careers in most sectors of business and industry.
Maxima also offers school-based apprenticeships and traineeships to senior students, allowing you to combine your secondary school studies with paid employment as an apprentice or trainee (on-the-job training) and off-the-job training.
Maxima is the smart way to go
Going through Maxima is the smartest way to undertake your apprenticeship or traineeship. Maxima is a part of a government-backed scheme and as your legal employer we will place you with host employers to complete your training contract.
Maxima has built 35 years experience employing apprentices and trainees across diverse industries, and currently employs more than 650 apprentices and trainees nationally.
Going through Maxima entitles you to a number of benefits. Unlike a traditional apprenticeship or traineeship, you won’t be stranded if your employer hits a rough patch. It also means you may be able to switch employers if there’s an opportunity elsewhere to develop more specific skills for your future.
Maxima also offers great relationships with hundreds of employers and we are often the first point of contact for many opportunties. Most importantly, Maxima will be your employer and your partner as you start out in your career.
What you can expect
- You will have a formal training contract with Maxima that outlines everything you can expect from us and your responsibilities
- Your wages and allowances are paid by Maxima in line with the relevant Award and other agreements
- All administration and paperwork is handled by Maxima
- Your training is arranged and paid for by Maxima
- Relevant safety equipment will be provided by Maxima before you start work
- You will have your own Maxima consultant who will be available to answer questions and provide further guidance
- If your host employer runs out of work for any reason, Maxima will work with you to find another host employer to complete your apprenticeship or traineeship
- In some cases, you may be able to move between host employers to establish the industry skills you require long term
Brooke Francis, Best on Ground
It’s been a big year for 20-year old Brooke Francis, who received her first full-time job offer at Adelaide Oval, making her their first female Grounds Keeper.Read more