Apprenticeships + Traineeships
Ever considered an apprenticesip or traineeshihp?
Maxima is a leading Group Training Organisation – we manage the recruitment, placement and ongoing support of apprentices and trainees on behalf of host employers.
We have built 35 years’ experience employing apprentices and trainees across diverse industries, and currently employ more than 650 apprentices and trainees nationally.
We aim to help you kick-start your career into the job or industry of your choice, boost your employment credentials and equip you with the skills and knowledge to be able to succeed in the future.
Maxima also offers school-based apprenticeships and traineeships to senior students, allowing you to combine your secondary school studies with paid employment as an apprentice or trainee (on-the-job training) and off-the-job training.
What is an Apprenticeship or Traineeship?
- An apprenticeship or traineeship is a career where you earn an income while also completing a vocational qualification
- The universal term for both is ‘Australian Apprentice’
- Employers can hire an Australian Apprentice in almost any industry and many emerging industries are expanding their workforce by taking on an Australian Apprentice
- Apprenticeships are generally longer (3-4 years) and involve gaining a vocational qualification and an official trade certification
- Traineeships are similar; however, they are shorter (1-3 years) and can be done from a Certificate II to Diploma level
What can I expect?
- You will have a formal training contract with Maxima that outlines everything you can expect from us and your responsibilities
- Your wages and allowances are paid by Maxima in line with the relevant Award and other agreements
- All administration and paperwork are handled by Maxima
- Your training is arranged and paid for by Maxima
- Relevant safety equipment will be provided by Maxima before you start work
- A Maxima Consultant will be there to help you by answering any of your questions and providing ongoing support
- If your host employer runs out of work for any reason, Maxima will work with you to find another host employer to complete your apprenticeship or traineeship
- In some cases, you may be able to move between host employers to establish the industry skills you require long term
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to pursuing a hands-on apprenticeship or traineeship with Maxima:
- Earn income from day one and have no study debt at the end
- Learn from experienced mentors as you develop skills on the job
- Gain a nationally-recognised qualification that will set you up for life
- Get allocated paid time to complete your study
- Kick-start your career with excellent job prospects and career progression upon completion
Brooke Francis, Best on Ground
It’s been a big year for 20-year old Brooke Francis, who received her first full-time job offer at Adelaide Oval, making her their first female Grounds Keeper.Read more