Eligible School Leaver Program
Eligible School Leaver Program?
Are you a student transitioning from school to employment, with a significant disability which may impact on your ability to work?
Finding employment after school can be challenging, but with the right support and guidance at Maxima, we can help you achieve your career goals
Maxima is a registered provider of Eligible School Leaver Program (ESL). Our Eligible School Leaver Program is built around helping students prepare for a job, find a job and keep it.
At Maxima, we understand leaving school and entering the workforce can be a big step. If you are in your final year of school and meet the eligibility criterion for ESL support, Maxima can help you develop skills to transition to employment and provide continued ongoing support to find and maintain employment.
To be eligible for the ESL Program you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be in your final year of secondary school as a full-time student
- Have a future work capacity of at least (8) hours per week
- Be an Australian resident
- Be of legal working age.
- Be in a disability special school OR
- Be in a disability special class in a mainstream school OR
- Be receiving a Disability Support pension OR
- Be in a mainstream class and attract additional educational funding due to disability.
Maxima can help you to become job ready by providing assistance with:
- Identifying skills, abilities and interests
- Resume development and interview techniques
- Employment goal setting and job search skills
- Accessing quality training, education and work experience
Once employed, Maxima continues to provide:
- Post placement support – at the workplace or offsite
- Workplace inductions
- On-the-job training
- Effective intervention strategies
- Employer liaison and training around your needs
- Further skills development
We build our services around what you need, your goals and your strengths. Make an enquiry and one of our Consultants will be in contact. You can also call or email us on 1300 629 462 or firstname.lastname@example.org